How can I get a bail bond?
You can get a bail bond through the following process:
Contact a bail bond company- Since you are in jail, ask your lawyer, family member or friend to contact a bail bond company for you.
Bail Bond Company will assess your situation- The bail bond company will assess your personal details such as what are the charges, whether you have a job and/or any assets. This is done to determine if you are a flight risk.
Pay the Bail Bond Company- If you and the bail bondsman agree on the same terms, you will have to sign paperwork and pay for their services.
Sign the paperwork- After you purchase a bail bond, you will be required to sign a few forms such as the Bail Bond Agreement and a Notice to the Indemnitor.
Bail is Posted- Once you sign the paperwork and pay the fees, your bail will be posted in a few hours.
- What is a bail bond?
- How does a bail bond work?
- How can I get a bail bond?
- Can my bail be decreased or increased?
- If I am arrested, how long will it take for me to get booked, processed and ready for a bail agent to post my bond?
- How long is a person accountable to the bail agent?
- Can the bail agent arrest me and put me back in jail?
- What should I put up for collateral?
- When will I get my collateral back?
- What does "bail exoneration" mean?
- What do bondsmen do?
- Is a defendant allowed to leave the state or the country while on bond?
- What if the defendant is rearrested when out of jail on a bond?
- What does it mean if a defendant's bond is forfeited?
- What does collateral on a bond mean?
- If I co-sign a bail bond, what am I agreeing to?
- How is the bail amount decided?
- Will I get my bail money back after the case is over?
- What if the defendant does not show up in court after I have posted the bail?
- How long will it take to get a person out of jail?
- How long does a bail bond last?
- What is co-signing?
- What is the process of getting bailed out of jail?
- What are the traits a good bail bond agent must possess?
- When does forfeiture take place?
- How long is a bail bond good for?
- What are the bail bond charges and fees in Pennsylvania?
- My friend has been arrested and needs a bail bondsman to get him out of jail. What are his different bond options?
- How Does a Judge Determine Bail Amounts?
- What are the benefits of hiring a bail bond agent?
- What types of bail conditions does a court impose before releasing a person on bail?
- What are some of the things I should be aware of before cosigning a bail bond contractual agreement?
- How can I speed up the bail bond process?