According to a US Department of Justice report entitled “Pre-Trial Release of Felony Defendants in State Courts”:
- Defendants released through a pre-trial program failed to appear for court 28% of the time.
- Only 19% of the defendants released through a bail bond company failed to appear.
- The failure to appear rate for defendants released on an unsecured bond was 30%.
- After one year, only 3% of defendants released on a bail bond were fugitives. This is compared to 10% of defendants released on an unsecured bond.
The report also stated:
- Defendants released on surety bonds are more likely to appear in court. They are also less likely to remain fugitives.
- Defendants released on bond are 28% less likely to fail to appear compared to defendants released on their own.
Do You Need Bail? Contact Us.
Apple Bail Bonds understands how stressful the arrest of a friend or family member can be. Our professionally trained and experienced bail bond agents will work hard for you. We work tirelessly to get your loved ones released from custody quickly and at very low rates. We are open 24 hours a day and seven days a week. Call us at 484-268-5663 or 610-432-1222.